What To Do When The Weather is Frightful
As the temperatures start to drop and the days get colder, the thoughts of the last full weekend of 2022 begin to fill our minds. Sure, it’s the perfect time to curl up near the fireplace and watch your favorite holiday movies or binge the latest Disney+ show. However, there are plenty of indoor activities that you can do in these last few days of the year as well. Here are six ideas that can help you create memories of this winter break before ringing in the new year.
1. Cook A Meal Together: Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you can use this weekend as an opportunity to cook your favorite meal with your family, or even your friends. You can even make this a tradition as the year ends to try something new and learn some delicious recipes from another culture
2. Indoor Scavenger Hunt: Keep the kids busy with an indoor scavenger hunt. It is a great way for children to use their imaginations and explore the indoors. Plus, it’s fun for the grown-ups too.
3. Create A Memory Lane: Put up some colorful photographs of family members and friends in frames, or maybe a beautiful collage on canvas. This is a great way to reminisce and make memories of 2022 last until the very last night!
5. Indoor Camping: Create a camping atmosphere indoors with a few simple things like a tent or a cozy blanket, some snacks, and of course, some ghost stories.
6.Watch a movie that each child loves with the whole family in your PJs- add some popcorn and hot cocoa to make it even more special. Let the children pick the flicks and enjoy the joy that comes across their faces!
7. Have an indoor snowball fight- get creative and use pillows and stuffed animals.
These end of winter break activities will spark joy in the house and surely make this an eventful winter vacation while rounding out the end of the year memories that will be talked about well into the new year.