CALL FOR ABSTRACTS!
Please share with anyone interested and circulate widely!
In 2013 the development team, Naughty Dog, created an American post-appoclyptic game that showcased a mutant fungus that turned humanity into unthinkable creatures and left very few Americans wondering the country in search of something better. With hope waning and the state of the country bleak, players are taken on a journey of “what if”. Hailed as one of the best games of the decade and now a critically acclaimed series by the same name on HBO, The Last of Us is captivating a new global audience as they reflect on their own pre-pandemic life and the beautifully told stories of post apocalyptic survival as the few attempt to survive the fungus.
Geek Therapeutics is looking for submissions of works covering the expansive topics explored in the video game and the television series that guide readers through the real world psychological impacts the series has shared with the world. Sample topics include: Grief and Loss, Survivors Guilt, Posttraumatic Growth, The Impact of Isolation on the Human Psyche, Trust versus Mistrust amongst a post pandemic world, and more.
If you or someone you know is ready to share their post pandemic journey through the lens of this critically acclaimed franchise, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Submission deadline for abstracts (350-500 words) and CVs: September 30th, 2023.
2. Submission deadline for drafts of accepted papers: December 1st, 2023.
Kindly submit by e-mail (with or without Word attachment) to email@example.com. Submissions are suggested early as topics are accepted as they are submitted.
Projects we are always looking for Collaborators
Peer Reviewed Research Topics on Geek Culture in Therapy
1. Examining the Effects of Incorporating Geek Culture in Therapy Sessions for Youth/Adolescents
2. Investigating Changes in Mental Health Outcomes of Therapeutic Interventions Using TTRPG’s
3. Exploring Strategies for Working with pop culture to Create Positive Therapeutic Outcomes
4. Analyzing the Impact of Geek Culture on the Treatment of Patients with Anxiety Disorders
5. Assessing the Benefits of Integrating TTRPG’s in the Treatment of PTSD
6. Investigating the Effectiveness of video games in Behavioral Therapy
7. Examining the Long–Term Outcomes of Geek Culture–Based Mental Health Interventions
8. Comparing Psychological Theory with Geekdom to Treat Depressive Symptoms
9. Assessing the Role of Geek Culture and Community in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
10. Evaluating the Use of TTRPG’s in Enhancing Emotional Regulation Skills