CALL FOR ABSTRACTS!
Please share with anyone interested and circulate widely!
The video game, book series, and Netflix Series The Witcher has been widely popular across multiple fandoms and genres of media. It has gained acclaim for the robust sense of immersion, the bosses, lore themes, and even the compassionate stance to the character development. Fans have adored all of the adaptions and spent 100s of hours exploring, watching, and engaging with the fandom.
Works focusing on the game series, lore, characters, the Netflix series, book series, or other adaptions are welcome. Contributors of accepted essays will receive an honorarium and a free copy of the book. Abstracts and subsequent essays should be psychologically substantial, but accessible to the lay reader.
Possible themes and topics might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Destiny & Free Will
- A Fantasy World of Marginalized Outcasts
- The Psychology of Monsters
- Oath Keeping
- Magic and Witches
- Immersion & World Building
- The cycle of loss and Brotherhood
- Building a party of Misfits
- For the Love of Bards
1. Submission deadline for abstracts (350-500 words) and CVs: June 30th, 2023.
2. Submission deadline for drafts of accepted papers: September 1st, 2023.
Kindly submit by e-mail (with or without Word attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Projects we are always looking for Collaborators
Peer Reviewed Research Topics on Geek Culture in Therapy
1. Examining the Effects of Incorporating Geek Culture in Therapy Sessions for Youth/Adolescents
2. Investigating Changes in Mental Health Outcomes of Therapeutic Interventions Using TTRPG’s
3. Exploring Strategies for Working with pop culture to Create Positive Therapeutic Outcomes
4. Analyzing the Impact of Geek Culture on the Treatment of Patients with Anxiety Disorders
5. Assessing the Benefits of Integrating TTRPG’s in the Treatment of PTSD
6. Investigating the Effectiveness of video games in Behavioral Therapy
7. Examining the Long–Term Outcomes of Geek Culture–Based Mental Health Interventions
8. Comparing Psychological Theory with Geekdom to Treat Depressive Symptoms
9. Assessing the Role of Geek Culture and Community in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
10. Evaluating the Use of TTRPG’s in Enhancing Emotional Regulation Skills